Okay, fine. Technically I could have written and scheduled this ages ago. I assure you I didn't. As proof, I offer you this: I don't plan ahead; I procrastinate.1
Anyway, here is some of what's happened over the past few months:
- My wife officially beat cancer a second time.
- My improv group had its debut performance. We rocked.
- My son became fully potty-trained. It rocked.
- I made umpteen repairs to our house with my own two hands.2
- One of my photos was used in a Buzzfeed article. (It's #3.) I only found out after my friend Scott (the pinchee) was asked if it was him or his doppleganger.
- For Halloween I dressed as a Disney lawyer for a Disney-themed party, handing out cease-and-desist orders to everyone else there.
- I read over 100 books.3
- The National Science Foundation asked to use haiku from my 2012 Robot Haiku contest in an upcoming campaign. (I'll post a link once the campaign launches.)
- I went for a jog today.4
- I wrote this post.5
1 Note to self: Write this footnote before posting.
2 "Umpteen" means "innumerable," or in other words, "unable to be counted," so technically what I said is true. (It turns out I'm much better at doing repairs with my father's own two hands.)
3 Almost every one contained pictures of trucks.
4 This is more impressive than it sounds. Not much more, mind you, and it really depends on your interpretation of the word "impressive," but still.
5 This is far less impressive than it sounds.