Here are my answers to the most common questions concerning The Professor:
- No, he's not walking on his own yet. He is, however, an Olympic speed-crawler, a master xylophonist, an expert stair-climber, and the world's foremost daddy-climber. He also currently holds the record for fastest floor-to-mouth time, public toy division.
- Two and a half teeth.
- He is eating us out of house and home, and then house again for good measure. He eats anything and everything we give him, sometimes in greater quantities than us.
- Favorite food: Cherries. He'll eat them until he's purple in the face. And the hands. And the hair. And the ears. And the...
- Favorite phrase: "Uh oh."
- Favorite game: Going pell-mell for the dog bowls and trying to flip one over before we reach him.
- Favorite birthday gift: The card with the vibrating baby in it.*
* It's not a live baby. It's a picture of a baby holding maracas, shaking "what his mama gave him." I'm not sure if that's any less disturbing.
What's that? You're tired of reading my drivel and want to see the pictures? Well, here you go, you ingrate:
He started off slow, taking one delicate pinch of frosting at a time...
...and then someone gave him a fork.
An aerial view of the carnage.
Fully sated, he cast the half-eaten cupcake carcass to the floor.
But then... remorse. Not over the devastation he had wrought on the unsuspecting cupcake,
but because the rest of it was whisked away before the dog could share in his fun.
My son: The life of the party.