Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nostradamus, Eat Your Heart Out!

The Psychic Hotline has nothing on me. Some of you probably remember the content of my first post. However, you probably don’t recall the specifics of the final footnote, so take a moment to refresh your memory.

Now imagine my surprise when I went online tonight, after the season's first full day of games, to see Yahoo’s front page screaming, “Miracle game-winning NFL play” and ESPN’s touting, “Miracle pass lifts Broncos.” It seems Brandon Stokely caught a deflected pass originally intended for a teammate, then sprinted 80 some-odd yards for a game-winning touchdown in the final seconds. The article itself only uses miracle or miraculous a couple of times, but still...

Pope Benedict’s going to have himself a busy night.

And now, for my next trick...

No comments:

Post a Comment