Tuesday, December 12, 2017

What, You Want I Should Come Up with a Title?

It's a random Tuesday in December, and you know what that means: It's time for my 8th Annual Jew & A! In other words...

I will answer any question you have about Judaism.

Post any questions you might have about Jews or Judaism in the comments section before Hanukkah ends (i.e. sundown on 12/20), and I will answer them for you.

Maybe you need help telling sufganiyot and Sufjan Stevens apart. Perhaps you're unsure about the authenticity of your King James Torah. Or maybe you want to know what Trump's embassy decision means for "next year in Jerusalem."

Whatever your query, send it my way. Even if it's been asked before, don't let that stop you — much like the Jewish calendar, the answers to such questions are in constant flux.

So, what do you want to know?


The Original Primer and Past Jew & A's:

7 comments:

  1. Why don't Jews speak Yiddish anymore? And are we going to lose the Yiddish tradition that has brought us such delightful turns of phrase as: "What chutzpah," "Oy vey," and, of course, "What, you want I should come up with a title?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has your Hanukkah candle ever caught anything on fire?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I tried posting before, and I thought I had posted, but apparently it didn't work, so I will try again:
    With Yiddish dying (having died?) out as a spoken language, what is going to happen to all of the delightful Yiddish-influenced expressions we enjoy today, such as, "Ow, my schmegeggi!" and "Oy vey" and "What, you want I should come up with a title?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boxes of Chanukah candles claim to have the correct number of candles for the holiday. Why do we always run out halfway through?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do guys light the 'enorah?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are Jewish schools closed on Fridays?

    ReplyDelete