Saturday, October 3, 2009

Woostah!

Do you remember back when you could go to a diner and get a large three-egg omelette or a stack of french toast for under $4? I sure do. It was today, right around lunchtime.

If you ever find yourself in Worcester, MA1 and in the mood for breakfast, head on down to the Gold Star Restaurant on W Boylston St. Great food, good-sized helpings, and prices straight out of the 1980s. I had myself a delicious kielbasa-and-cheese omelette, and one of my compatriots had what she referred to as the best pancake she’d ever eaten. Two of the three of us couldn’t even finish our meals, and the entire bill came to a hefty $17. Just get there early, especially on a rainy day, or you’ll be standing out in the cold for a while, watching everyone else enjoy the scrumptiousness.

1 Not that I’m suggesting you go there. I said “if”...

No comments:

Post a Comment