Wednesday, January 6, 2010

And on the Thirteenth Day, He Rested

This afternoon a co-worker who had spent three years in Sweden remarked that today was the Swedish holiday of Trettondedag Jul, or “The Thirteenth Day of Christmas.” Well, too bad. The song only goes to twelve. I’m not getting any more gifts.

Denise promised.

The past two weeks have been very tiring. The holidays are exhausting on their own, but perhaps I was a little over-diligent in documenting my Christmas experience, since today I feel completely drained. During my vacation, which spanned nineteen days, I’d planned to spend much of my time working on my novel and getting photos up onto Flickr. I did neither. I’d planned to watch a slew of movies. I watched two.

Now that Christmas is (finally) over, it’s time for me to relax and get to all those things I’ve been neglecting for weeks. This may mean I won’t be updating The Wheel every day.1 But, with time, I think you’ll get used to it.

I know I will.


1 I’m kidding, of course. It will mean I won’t be updating every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment