Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

The title pretty much says it all.

Okay, it doesn't quite say everything. But it does say I'm sick of being tired and tired of being sick.

Although, technically, it doesn't say that, either. Which is just as well since the first part isn't true: I'm not sick of being tired. In fact, I'm rather used to it. I've been tired in some fashion1 almost every day for the past 20 years, ever since 7th grade when I started a 5:00am paper route for some insane reason. (Note: I am not a morning person.) And of course, since I now have an 8-month-old around the house,2 I'd expect to be tired.

So, I guess all I'm saying is I'm sick (and tired) of being sick. I'm on my third cold in a month and a half (new record!), and I suspect another sinus infection isn't far behind. I knew sending my son to daycare a couple days a week would put both our immune systems to the test, but I never imagined mine would fail so spectacularly.3

You might think I'm telling you all this as an excuse for why I haven't been blogging much recently. Nope. I don't make excuses for not blogging. I'm too busy living.4

Well, that's all for me tonight. I'm going to try turning in early, and see if I can catch up on sleep. Because if I can somehow not feel tired tomorrow? Yeah, that would be sick.


1 Sweatpants were the norm for a while.
2 Technically, he's in the house, not around it. So back off, Child Services. It's an expression. (Although a more fitting one would be c = πr2, seeing as how today is Pi Day. (For reference, in my version of this equation, the c stands for cake.))
3 At least the viruses are being nice about it. They let me retake the test every two weeks.
4 Living sinus-deep in mucus, but living nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. Has your son been sick as well? Or does he just pass it on to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been sick two of the three times, but never as sick. And thus, everything is going according to plan: He will be better than me in every conceivable way.

      Delete