Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Rule of Seven

Even before Winter Storm Alfred tore through Connecticut like it was Winter Storm Batman and knocked our lights out for a week, I wasn't blogging too often. I apologize for my scarcity, but in my defense I've been quite busy of late. And by "busy," I mean I've spent most of my time being lazy  being very lazy  occupying various cities  camping out for Twilight: Breaking Dawn  seeking the GOP presidential nomination being a dad.

Seriously, it's like The Professor has an innate ability to sleep right up until my workday ends, and then need to be held and/or entertained the rest of the night. It's a good thing he's so darned cute.1

Anyway, last month Heather Henry over at Little Red Henry bestowed upon me the 7x7 Link Award. In the interest of laziness concisity, however, I shall henceforth call it the 49 Link Award.2

As I do every time I receive an award, I promptly redesigned it in Photoshop:

Original:
Nate-ified:
Now, as a recipient of the √2,401 Link Award, I'm supposed to point you to some of my previous blog posts, one in each of seven specific categories. I've never been one for following rules,3 but this one seems benign enough I'll play along.

Of course, I never said I'd stick with the original categories...

Most beautiful Most productive use of bacon: Horrible Puns For The Win

Most popular Greatest contribution to popular culture: That Wasn't All, Paul (The Other 45 Ways to Leave Your Lover)

Most controversial Best Justin Bieber anagram: A Ram Sang a Ragman's Anagrams

Most helpful Most creative use of paper clips: Before The Wheel

Most surprisingly successful Best use of photos to illustrate a story: The Biggest Carrot in the Kitchen

Most underrated Best appearance by Melvin the Wannabe Warlock: Say What?

Most pride-worthy Most topical mention of gefilte fish: Yo Ho Ho, and a Bottle of Manischewitz

I suspect I'm also supposed to pass this award onto seven other bloggers or something like that, but that's not my style. I'm a rebel, not a sheep. I march to the bleat of a different drummer and take the toad less graveled. Or, something like that.

Besides, I don't have time to create more links. I'm far too selfish indecisive devilishly handsome lazy.


1 Technically, he's only cute, not darned. But some of his clothes are both.
2 "Concisity" may not be a real word, but it's more concise than "conciseness," so it should be.
3 I make my own rules. And then I disregard those, too. The only ones I always follow are slide rules, since otherwise kids could fall and get really hurt.

4 comments:

  1. I would have L'dOL while reading this, alas I have no voice. I had to settle for snickering quietly (SQ). However, Hazel tooted rather loudly. Thus, I could perhaps say, "Oh, that made Hazel TOL." HA more SQ, thankfully no more TOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I prefer your version of the award. Next time, I will pass the award on to you and then copy you. Because I AM TOO LAZY, to creatively do it myself. :) That Wasn't All, Paul, was definitely one of my favorites. Still makes me giggle. Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you, hope it is turkey filled and spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, glad I could do that for you... I think. You just continue to SQUEAL (snicker quietly until Ethan absolutely laughs) with MATH (magnificently adorable tooting Hazel).

    Heather, you're not too lazy, you just have better things to do. (So do I, but that's never stopped me before.) And thanks, my Thanksgiving will be turkey-filled and spectacular. It always is. I hope yours is as well.

    Falen, I've spotted on. It was over by the Off. (But thanks.)

    ReplyDelete